When Range Rover’s Apple CarPlay is not working, troubleshooting steps include checking compatibility, updating iOS, inspecting the USB cable, restarting devices, and reviewing CarPlay settings.
Read on to see the possible reasons why Apple CarPlay may not be working in your Range Rover and follow my guide on how I fix my Apple Carplay when it’s not working.
What models are affected?
- Land Rover Defender
- Range Rover Discovery
- Range Rover Evoque
- Range Rover Sport
- Range Rover Velar
- Range Rover Vogue
How to fix Apple CarPlay in your Range Rover
If you’re having trouble with Apple CarPlay in your Range Rover, there could be several factors causing the issue.
1. Check your iPhone settings
Before diving into the Range Rover’s settings, it’s important to ensure that your iPhone is set up correctly for CarPlay.
Follow these steps to make sure everything is in order:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and select CarPlay.
- Make sure that your Range Rover is listed under My Car.
- If not, tap on Forget This Car and set it up again by following the prompts.
It’s possible that your iPhone may have disconnected from your Range Rover’s CarPlay system, causing it to stop working.
Verify the connection
If your iPhone is properly connected to the Range Rover’s CarPlay system, the issue might be with the connection itself.
Here’s what you can do to troubleshoot:
- Check the USB cable: Ensure that you are using a high-quality Lightning USB cable. A faulty or low-quality cable can cause connectivity problems. Try using a different cable to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check the USB port: Confirm that the USB port in your Range Rover is working correctly. Test other USB devices to ensure there are no issues with the port itself.
- Try a different USB port: If the USB port you are using doesn’t work, try connecting your iPhone to a different port in the vehicle.
Restart your Range Rover’s infotainment System
Sometimes, a simple restart of the infotainment system can fix minor glitches and connectivity issues.
Here’s how you can restart the system in your Range Rover:
- Press and hold the power button on the infotainment screen until it turns off.
- Wait for a few seconds and press the power button again to turn it back on.
- Once the system restarts, check if Apple CarPlay is now working properly.
Read my guide on resetting the Range Rover infotainment system if you think it needs a hard reset.
Update your iPhone and Range Rover software
Outdated software can often cause compatibility issues with Apple CarPlay.
It’s crucial to keep both your iPhone and Range Rover’s infotainment system up to date.
Follow these steps to update your devices:
iPhone software update
- Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Select Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap on Download and Install.
Range Rover infotainment system update
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network in your vehicle or through a mobile hotspot.
- Go to the Settings menu on your infotainment screen.
- Navigate to the Software Update section.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install it.
Updating your devices is a crucial troubleshooting step, as it often resolves compatibility issues and ensures the smooth functioning of CarPlay.
Check for content and privacy restrictions
Content and privacy restrictions on your iPhone could potentially interfere with CarPlay functionality.
Follow these simple steps to ensure that CarPlay is not restricted:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Screen Time.
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Make sure that CarPlay is allowed under the Allowed Apps section.
Restrictions on CarPlay can prevent it from working properly, so it’s essential to check and adjust these settings if necessary.
What should I do if Apple CarPlay is still not working after troubleshooting?
If you have followed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and Apple CarPlay is still not working in your Range Rover, it is recommended to contact your local Range Rover dealership or authorized service center.
They would be able to provide you with further assistance and diagnose any underlying issues with the infotainment system.
Can I use any USB cable for Apple CarPlay?
No, it is recommended to use a high-quality Lightning USB cable that is compatible with Apple devices. Using a faulty or low-quality cable can cause connectivity issues and prevent Apple CarPlay from working correctly.
Why is my Range Rover not connecting to Apple CarPlay?
There could be several reasons why your Range Rover is not connecting to Apple CarPlay. It’s crucial to ensure that your iPhone is properly paired with your vehicle’s infotainment system, check the connection and cable, and verify that the software on both devices is up to date.
The Apple CarPlay feature in Range Rovers provides convenience and functionality while on the road.
However, there may be instances where CarPlay stops working. By following the troubleshooting tips outlined in this article, you can resolve common issues and get your Apple CarPlay back up and running in your Range Rover.
Remember to ensure that your iPhone and Range Rover’s software is up to date and that the connection and cable are in good working condition.
If all else fails, reach out to your local Range Rover dealership or authorized service center for further support.