How much does a Range Rover weigh? A Range Rover weighs between 4,850 and 5,500 pounds, but the weight of a Range Rover can vary depending on the model, engine type, and other features.
The weight of a Range Rover is an important consideration for many reasons. For one, it can affect the vehicle’s performance and fuel efficiency.
A heavier vehicle, like the Range Rover Vogue, may require more fuel, while a lighter one may be more nimble and responsive, like the Range Rover Evoque.
How much does a Range Rover weigh?
Range Rover is a luxury SUV that has been around since the 1970s. It has undergone several changes and upgrades over the years, and today, it is one of the most popular luxury SUVs in the market.
Weight of Range Rover models
The weight of a Range Rover varies depending on the model and the trim level. Here is a breakdown of the weight of Range Rover models:
- Range Rover: The weight of a Range Rover ranges from 4,974 to 5,715 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
- Range Rover Sport: The weight of a Range Rover Sport ranges from 4,727 to 5,501 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
- Range Rover Evoque: The weight of a Range Rover Evoque ranges from 3,935 to 4,365 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
- Range Rover Velar: The weight of a Range Rover Velar ranges from 4,217 to 4,595 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
- Discovery Sport: The weight of a Discovery Sport ranges from 3,968 to 4,916 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
- Defender: The weight of a Defender ranges from 4,586 to 5,893 pounds, depending on the trim level and the engine.
The weight of a Range Rover can also vary depending on the wheelbase and the features. For example, a long-wheelbase Range Rover can weigh more than a standard-wheelbase Range Rover.
When it comes to towing, the Range Rover is a capable vehicle. The towing capacity of a Range Rover varies depending on the model and the engine, but it can range from 5,000 pounds to 8,200 pounds.
You can easily tow a small trailer, a boat, or a camper with your Range Rover.
It’s important to note that the towing capacity of a Range Rover is determined by the engine and the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), and the Maximum vehicle and trailer combination (GTW).
The GVW is the vehicle’s weight when fully loaded with passengers and cargo, while the GTW is the combined weight of the vehicle and the trailer.
If you’re planning to tow a trailer with your Range Rover, it’s important to know the weight of the trailer and the weight of the cargo you’ll be carrying.
It’s also important to ensure that the trailer’s and cargo’s weight doesn’t exceed your Range Rover’s towing capacity.
Here’s a table that shows the towing capacity of different Range Rover models:
|Range Rover||7,716 lbs.|
|Range Rover Sport||7,716 lbs.|
|Range Rover Velar||5,291 lbs.|
|Range Rover Evoque||3,968 lbs.|
Remember that your Range Rover’s towing capacity may vary depending on the model year and the specific features and options of your vehicle.
It’s also important to note that towing a trailer can affect the fuel efficiency of your Range Rover.
When towing a trailer, your Range Rover has to work harder to maintain speed and accelerate, which can result in lower fuel economy.
When owning a Range Rover, fuel economy is an important consideration.
According to EPA estimates, the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover has a fuel economy of 22 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway and 17 mpg in the city.
It’s important to note that fuel economy is affected by several factors, including the weight of the vehicle, the type of fuel used, and driving conditions.
The weight of the Range Rover can vary depending on the specific model and any additional features or packages that are added.
If you’re looking to improve your Range Rover’s fuel economy, here are a few tips:
- Keep your vehicle well-maintained: Regular maintenance, such as oil changes and tire rotations, can help ensure your vehicle runs efficiently.
- Use the recommended fuel: The Range Rover requires premium unleaded gasoline, so ensure you’re using the correct fuel to ensure optimal performance.
- Drive efficiently: Avoid rapid acceleration and hard braking, and maintain a consistent speed when possible. This can help improve fuel efficiency.
Overall, while the Range Rover may not be the most fuel-efficient vehicle on the market, it offers a balance of luxury and performance that many drivers find appealing.
By following these tips and being mindful of your driving habits, you can help improve your Range Rover’s fuel economy and get the most out of your vehicle.
How much does a Range Rover weigh in kg?
The typical Range Rover can weigh between 2,150 and 2,600 kilograms (kg), depending on the specific model and configuration.
How heavy is a Range Rover in tonnes?
A typical Range Rover can weigh between 2.15 and 2.6 tonnes, depending on the specific model and configuration.
How much does the average Range Rover weigh?
The average Range Rover can weigh between 2,150 and 2,600 kilograms (kg) or between 2.15 and 2.6 tonnes.
Last updated and verified on 4th September 2023