In this article: Show
As a fellow Range Rover owner, I completely understand the necessity of staying connected with your vehicle at all times.
Are you wondering how to know if your Range Rover has InControl? If so, you have come to the right place! In this article, I will walk you through the signs, symptoms, and settings of InControl.
What models are affected?
- Land Rover Defender
- Range Rover Discovery
- Range Rover Evoque
- Range Rover Sport
- Range Rover Velar
- Range Rover Vogue
Signs and symptoms
The first thing you want to look for is if your Range Rover has InControl Services.
To check, look for the InControl button on your vehicle’s touchscreen. If you have InControl, you will see a screen with a range of services, such as information, entertainment, and navigation services.
List of possible OBD codes
Here are some OBD codes that may appear on your Range Rover if your InControl is not working properly:
- U025C – Lost Communication with Telematics Control Module
- C170C – ECU Hardware Error – Signal Incorrect
- C1AED – Control Module Configuration Failure
- U0028 – Control Module Comm Fault with Vehicle Security Control Module
There are a few common causes of InControl issues.
Here are a few issues that you could be facing:
- A weak signal from the vehicle modem
- Loose fuse
- Failed SIM card
- Corrupt software
Can it be fixed without a mechanic?
You can attempt to fix InControl issues on your own, but it is essential to seek professional help if you are not comfortable working with vehicle software.
Parts you’ll need to fix it
Here are the parts you may need to fix InControl:
- SIM Card
- Fuse Puller
Tools you’ll need to fix it
Here are the tools you may need to fix InControl:
- Socket wrench
How to fix it
Here’s how to fix InControl issues in a step-by-step guide:
- Disconnect your vehicle’s battery and wait for 10 minutes.
- Locate the SIM card holder, and check the SIM card.
- Replace the SIM card if it has failed.
- Check the fuse box, locate the InControl fuse, and use the fuse puller to remove it.
- Inspect the fuse for any signs of damage, and replace the fuse if necessary.
- Reconnect the battery and power your vehicle.
Potential alternative causes
Other issues could be causing InControl problems, such as:
- Issues with your phone carrier
- Network issues
- Issues with app settings
How do I activate InControl?
To activate InControl, you’ll need to:
1. Register for a Land Rover InControl account
2. Connect and activate InControl features
3. Download the Land Rover InControl Remote & Protect app
4. Set up InControl on the app
How can I protect my InControl services?
You can protect your InControl services by:
1. Setting up a Land Rover InControl PIN
2. Registering for the Protect service to track and immobilize your vehicle in the event of theft
In summary, if you’re wondering how to know if your Range Rover has InControl, inspect your vehicle’s touchscreen, OBD codes, and fuse box. If any of these indicate issues, consider checking and replacing the SIM card or fuse.
Remember, if you’re not comfortable navigating such repairs, seek professional help to fix your InControl properly and enjoy staying connected with your Range Rover.
Last updated and verified on 4th September 2023